Friday 13 March 2020

Portraits!

2020 Portraits!

Currently (W6 T1) we are doing our portraits! What we had to do was research an era (1800 - 2000) and then do a practice portrait in our books. Then we did ANOTHER portrait (In our books again) The era I picked was The 70's (1970's) And, then we were able to do our REAL thing. What we did was paint a background and dye the other side. We then stuck a half-picture of us on the side we painted and drew our different era side of the head. Enjoy the photos!











3 comments:

  1. You've explained the process quite clearly Ari, well done. I like the contrast between the two different backgrounds, the warm colours are quite striking against the cooler blue. I'm interested in why you selected the 1970s, could you tell me more about that please?
    It'll be interesting to read about your learning at home over the next few weeks, while we are in the current lock down. Try to blog regularly, and connect with your classmates by commenting on their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ari, I really like the colour choices you have made for your background - the striped side reminds me of the 70's and I even remember wearing brightly striped clothes myself then. I hope your family is keeping well in your bubble. I'd love to read about what you have been doing during the lockdown - could you please write a post about your favourite pastime while you have been at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ari, well done on your completed portrait. Your use of colour on the 'present' half is very effective. I like the way you have drawn your collar standing up, on the 1970s side. I was a teenager in the 70s and loved wearing flared jeans. We called them bell bottoms as the bottom leg of the jeans was flared out like a bell. Why did you choose the 70s?
    It would be good to see some posts of what you have been doing in your distance learning time. Some blog posts would be great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.