Tuesday 17 December 2019

Miracle On The Hudson - SLJ Day 2

Miracle On The Hudson, SLJ Day 2
In 2009, what is now known as a 'Miracle' occurred on the Hudson River, New York. Mr Chesley Sullenberger landed his plane on the water after both engines failed. Mr Chesley became very famous. This took a lot of courage and skill. For this SLJ activity, I have to recount a time when me or a family member did something brave. 

Surfing Fail.
It was the 13th of July, the day after my B-Day. I was taking my first ever surf lesson in Hawaii. I was doing a one-on-one lesson with surfing pro Reed (I don't know his last name). He was showing me how to turn the surf board once I had caught the wave. After waiting, we finally found a suitable wave. "Paddle! Paddle! Paddle!" Reed yelled. I did exactly that. I knew the drill. With surfing, you paddle until the wave finally catches up. Then you pull yourself up an crouch low, and quickly, but not to quickly. You don't want to fall. you keep your legs bent, and to turn, you twist you hips and slightly lean forward.  I tried this and then ended up on the bottom of the ocean, and when I came up for air, there were people laughing everywhere. So yeah, Fail. But Also very brave. (In my eyes at least!). 
Thanks for reading, Blog 'Ya Later!

3 comments:

  1. hello, cool Summer Lerning Journey post. I didnt know that is what you do when your surfing. You said "you tiswt you hips" when you shuld of said you twist your hips. I like how yo use so much detail and some speach in your post I also like how your post is not to long or short.
    Over all good post bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Ari :)

    Thank you for doing week one, day one, activity three! I really enjoyed reading that story and it sounds like you were super brave in that moment! I’ve also ended up under the big waves when I was swimming and it is quite frightening.

    A goal I have this summer is to learn how to surf and I'm so excited about it! Have you surfed much since you had this lesson in Hawaii? I’ve never been to Hawaii but I really want to go. What else did you do while you were there?

    Thanks for sharing your bravery story! Have a fantastic afternoon,
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ari.
    I very like your blog post.
    Hope you do more SLJ so I can read them every weekend.
    If you want to see my blog here it is.
    https://wpsizumim.blogspot.com/
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.