Friday 3 July 2020

Cross Country - Week 12

Cross Country - Week 12
Whew! Last week of school! Today I am going to write about cross country. On Thursday the 2nd of July, we finally got to do our cross country run. First I will write about what we did in the hours leading up to the start of the event.

9:00: We came into class, buzzing with excitement. We did the roll and halfway through it, my friend Tristan ended up with his finger hurting like crazy. (Here's a link to his blog: LINK) Anyways, I took him up to the sick bay. When we came back (Not knowing why his finger hurt) we finished off some of our art. 

10:30: Morning tea! We had morning tea early so we could start cc (Cross country. I will use the term 'cc' from now on). Tristan and I played handball, and I stayed 'King' the whole time.

11:00 We went outside to start cross country. Usually everyone goes around doing activity stations until their turn to run. We ran in year groups (0/1, 2,3, 4, 5 and 6). This year (along with every other year) the year 6's organized the stations. I got to organize the actual cross country run, along with Yousuf, Madison, and Rael. 

I'll skip the boring bits and go straight to my run. I ended up in sixth place, thanks to spraining my ankle. The course started at Te Waka Ako and went around the field and then down backtrack, before heading up and around the back of Te Waka Ako  and then through the bush and around the pool. We did two laps before finishing. Here's a picture of me running:
Blog 'Ya Later, and happy 4th of July! 🧨🧨

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.